Confirmation classes are held for students in 6th through 8th grade. These classes meet most every Wednesday from September through April. Our goals for the Confirmation process are as follows:
- You give yourself whole-heartedly to God and seek to know God's will for your life.
- You take Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, who you will follow all the days of your life.
- You depend on God's Holy Spirit to guide you in all you do.
The 6th and 7th Grade classes meet together from 3:45 to 5:15 p.m. In addition to working through the Heidelberg Catechism, we also study through four workbooks during these 2 years of class time. The work books are titled as follows:
- The Word on the Old Testament
- The Word on the New Testament
- The Word on the Basics of Christianity
- The Word on the Life of Christ
The 8th Grade confirmation class meets together from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. In addition to working through the Heidelberg Catechism, we also have Journal Lessons each week. These require asking certain questions of congregation members and recording their answers; taking sermon notes almost every other Sunday; and reading through the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts, taking notes on each chapter. The 8th Grade Students also work to develop a personal Faith Statement which is read on Confirmation Sunday.