Salem Reformed Church
of Menno, South Dakota
Who We Are:
We believe the Bible to be the Inspired, Inerrant, Infallible Word of God in it’s original manuscripts. It is our supreme authority in all matters of doctrine and practice. We are affiliated with the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference. We affirm the core tenets of historic biblical Christianity based upon an uncompromising conviction in the truth of Holy Scripture.
The CCCC Way of Life
The Board of Directors has affirmed that the Conference is devoted to a way of life in obedience to Jesus that is reflected in the Great Commandment and the Great Commission:
- Love others (Matthew 22:39
- Love God (Matthew 22:37)
- As you go, make disciples (Matthew 28:19)
Our leaders, member pastors, and churches are called to reflect this devotion to Jesus through their daily living and service.
CCCC Guiding Values
The Board of Directors has also affirmed that the ministry of the Conference will be focused on these Seven Guiding Values:
1. A Culture of Believing Prayer and Intercession
2. Healthy Pastors
3. Healthy Disciple-making Church
4. Healthy Church Multiplication
5. A Community of Shared Life and Shared Mission
6. A Culture of Biblical Peacemaking and reconciliation
7. A Membership Reflective of the Harvest Field’s Diversity
The Consistory of Salem Reformed Church consists of five elders and five deacons who are elected by the congregation to serve 3 year terms. A consistory member may serve 2 consecutive 3 year terms. The pastor also serves as an ex-officio member of the Consistory. The Consistory is entrusted with the supervision and the ruling of the congregation. The Consistory generally meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month for their regular meeting.
Current Consistory Members are:
- David Herrboldt – Chairman – Elder 2nd term – expires 2021
- Justin Plooster – Vice Chairman – Elder 2nd term – expires 2021
- Shirley Mettler – Co-Treasurer – Elder 1st term – expires 2023
- Ken Stepanek – Elder 1st term – expires 2023
- Steve Preszler – Elder 1st term – expires 2022
- Matt Fischer – Deacon 2nd term – expires 2021
- Mark Anderson – Head Usher – Deacon 2nd term – expires 2022
- Ben Crick – Deacon 1st term – expires 2021
- Steve Huber – Secretary – Deacon 2nd term – expires 2022
- Tyler Miller – Deacon 1st term – expires 2023
707 South 5th Street
Menno, S. D. 57045
P.O. Box 304
Menno, S. D. 57045
Pastor Michael Hecht Email: email@example.com
Jennifer Herrboldt/Ann Hecht Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer Time: 8:30 a.m.
Sunday School: 9:15 a.m.
Praise Music: 10:15 a.m.
Worship Service: 10:30 a.m.